Thursday, January 8, 2009

Texas trip/updates

I'm a bit late on updating my blog, but things have been so busy lately! I'll start with Texas: words can't suffice, but it was amazing! SO much fun...we did so many things...It was really great to be able to hug and kiss Austin every day and spend a lot of time together as well as getting to know the rest of the family more! We started off by making stockings...Zoe sewed mittens for the girls and stockings for the boys...then we went to Joann's and all got our own decorating supplies and decorated our stockings...everybody had such good ideas and were super creative. Christmas eve we opened stocking stuffers with a fire going...it was so cozy! Then on Christmas we had a fabulous dinner and opened Christmas gifts...for gifts we exchanged names which made it simpler and a little more financially friendly. In the days following we we did a lot of really fun activities...we played wii, guitar hero, played quite a bit of sports at the park - tennis, baseball, football, ultimate Frisbee etc., went ice-skating, went bowling, made quite a few starbucks trips in between everything, went shopping a few different times, went paint balling, went to six flags, ate LOTS of yummy food, and went to the Stockyards in Fort worth...the stockyards had some really neat shops and bars and different activities and historical type stuff...it was also very country-ish. Those were some of the main things we did and I could go into great detail about each experience, but that would take a realllly long while...everything we did though was so much fun - and of course the people you do it with makes it even better =) Overall I had an amazing and wonderful time...I felt very spoiled and lucky! As for my weight and being on vacation I didn't do too bad...YES we had a lot of really good, heavy food, but we were super active which made up for it...being back home has been hard to be good because I've been so busy and don't have a regular good routine going yet...I'm working at it...and I think once things get settled down more I'll be able to do better. My grandparents are here and our old neighbors - Randy, Evie and Mickey Hansen are here, plus i'm doing regular school and online school and I've had a nasty cold...thankfully I think it's getting better! I have lots to do though on my to do list...One of these days maybe things will slow down and I'll make some progress...maybe even get a good nights sleep! Austin and I made some new years resolutions also and one of the deals we made was to both exercise everyday...I did start doing that when we got back but then I got a bad cold which kept me from hitting the gym...soon though! And Austin has been sticking to everything he said he was going to do some I'm really proud of him! Anyways given that updating my blog was on my to do list, it probably isn't as productive as some other things I could be doing so I should stop...but thats pretty much whats going on with me right now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures, Malia. Glad you had such a nice time. We had a good time too. You'll have lots of fun memories and you're so lucky you got to go to Texas and enjoy Christmas with the Hunt's :-)